DeKalb Metal Finishing provides quality electroplating services with a focus on the automotive industry. Our aim is to provide customers with quality zinc nickel plating by combining high performance chemistry with industry leading process control equipment. No matter the complexity, we have the capability to provide top-tier results.
Our Zinc Nickel Alloy Plating Process
DeKalb Metal Finishing’s Zinc Nickel electroplating process is proven and extremely reliable for taking an alkaline electrolyte and depositing 12% to 15% nickel. This process forms a true alloy that is suited for maximizing the corrosion protection of steel substrates. Even after 24 hours of exposure to 120 degrees Celsius (250° F) followed by thermal shock, deposits are protected from corrosion. Deposits are bright, burn free, and ready for our RoHS compliant clear or black trivalent passivates. Additionally, customers looking for a bondable rubber to metal applications will find that this finish is an ideal.
Other Benefits of Zinc Nickel Plating
- Outstanding covering power and uniformity of plate distribution
- Even at high current densities, deposits are bright and burn-free
- Deposits are blister free and exhibit excellent adhesion characteristics
- When bent after plating, zinc-nickel plating deposits do not display any whiskers
- Even after thermal shock, deposits offer exceptional corrosion protection
- Minimal variation of nickel content as a function of current density
- Improved resistance against galvanic corrosion
- Ideal for bondable rubber to metal applications
Approximate Salt Spray Results
- 240-360 hours to White
- 1,000+ hours to Red
Contact us today at 260-925-1820 to discuss your zinc nickel plating requirements.