At DeKalb Metal Finishing, we are proud to have been a metal finishing company for over 70 years and we take our role as specialists in the automotive parts plating sector very seriously. Throughout our company’s existence, we have placed a high priority on quality, quality management, and customer satisfaction. This is a key reason why we chose IATF 16949 Certification over ISO 9001.
For the customers we serve at DeKalb Metal Finishing, IATF 16949 certification is considered the optimal choice. This International Automotive Task Force (IATF) certification is based on ISO 9001:2015 and includes additional requirements that are specific to the automotive industry.
Here are some reasons why IATF 16949 certification is considered better than other quality certifications:
- Focus on Quality Management: IATF 16949 places a strong emphasis on quality management, including requirements for continuous improvement, defect prevention, and customer satisfaction. This focus on quality helps to ensure that the products manufactured by a company are of a consistently high standard.
- Automotive Industry Specific Requirements: IATF 16949 includes requirements that are specific to the automotive industry, such as requirements for product traceability, change control, and validation of processes for production and service provision. These requirements help to ensure that companies are meeting the specific needs of the automotive industry.
- Global Recognition: IATF 16949 is a globally recognized standard, which means that companies that are certified to this standard are recognized around the world as meeting the highest standards of quality management in the automotive industry.
- Supply Chain Management: IATF 16949 places a strong emphasis on supply chain management, including requirements for supplier selection, evaluation, and development. This helps to ensure that the entire supply chain is working together to deliver high-quality products.
- Continuous Improvement: IATF 16949 requires companies to continually improve their quality management systems and processes. This helps to ensure that companies are always striving to improve and deliver the best possible products and services.
At DeKalb Metal Finishing in Indiana, we intentionally chose to follow the IATF 16949 certification because of our electroplating specialization within the automotive industry. Following the IATF 16949 standard allows us to perform at a high level—like with our zinc nickel plating services, meet automotive specifications, and produce quality plating for automotive parts. While it may not be as well-known as the ISO certification, anyone who is a part of the automotive supply chain knows the IATF 16949 certification is considered the better alternative as it gives credibility to companies that meet the highest standards of quality and are well-positioned to compete in the global automotive marketplace. Our IATF 16949 certification is one of the reasons we are the best at what we do.